The Man With the Triangle Eyes

The Man With the Triangle Eyes.


I'm not a big fan of the disco scene
In fact, I avoid it whenever I can
But on this Friday night, I was keen
On meeting a striking young man.

I didn't have to look very far
Even though I am quite hard to please.
He was standing in front of the bar
And his smile son put me at ease.

I had just broken up with my significant other
So my emotions were all over the place.
He'd been less of a lover and more of a brother
Still, the pain was so hard to erase.

I left home when I was just fifteen years old
My father and I had become strangers
But I knew in my heart that he had to be told
Parental rejection was just one of the dangers.

Perhaps I  would be among the lowest of the dead
I was persona non grata from that moment on.
Still, I had just escaped from cold and empty bed 
And just like that, life as I knew it was gone.

Did I do the right thing? Will anyone else be harmed?
These questions burned holes in my heart.
I kept repeating in silence: Just don't be alarmed
We can transcend  the pain that kept us apart.
                                               --------lonelyheroine 2016.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensation: A Novel----A Good Idea Or Not? You Decide

Who Cares? A Poem